These days I can not walk out of the room without getting scolded by my nine month old. Don't get me wrong. I'm completely thrilled that I'm his favorite person to be around and he wants to be with Momma 24-7 but once in awhile I actually need to do something.
I always said I would not let the babe use the iPad. *sigh* I guess there is a time and a place for everything. Too ease my guilt the babe watches zero TV. The only exception has been his Baby Einstein, Old McDonald on The Farm video which I resort to maybe once or twice a week. But since he started crawling he won't even sit for that.
I'm not even sure what sent me searching for apps for babies but I did. And I ended up finding a couple of cute Fisher Price ones that made even myself giggle. They sure do delight the babycakes and they manage to occupy him long enough for me to get a load of laundry folded or tend to dinner. There are times when I'm not sure how much he plays with the apps vs. how much he just likes to manipulate the iPad by flipping it back and forth over and over again. But hey whatever works! Any one of these apps will buy me five to ten minutes when used sporadically. Oh, and did I mention they are FREE!
In case you are a bit like me and happen to also be looking for a free five minutes to ....oh.... I don't know... pee maybe? I wanted to share these five fun apps with you. They are very cute, entertaining, and not completely devoid of educational value. Hey...it's worth a shot!
- Fisher Price Giggle Gang - this one is too cute! When baby touches the screen these little characters appear and giggle like crazy. One can not help but laugh. There's a piano mode too. This one had everyone giggling at first!
- Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Animal Sounds - this is the babe's favorite, hands down. He loves to watch the animals and touch them to hear their sounds.
- Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Let's Count Animals
- Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Where's Puppy's Nose? (this one appears to be only for iPad)
- Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Shapes Colors & Music - this is similar in look and feel to the giggle gang app but the characters are shapes
Do you let your little ones use any apps? If you've found any good ones please share!